The Family Involvement District-Level Committee was established as a result of 2015-2016 Salary and Welfare Negotiations. The purpose is to explore options for ways to merge the need to replace former Career Ladder options with the need to increase opportunities for family involvement.
At the end of the 2015-2016 school year, the committee had two meetings and administered a staff survey to gather possible approaches to meeting both of these needs. In the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year, the committee reconvened and held three meetings to design a system for managing these activities.
Below is a brief summary of the process. For a more detailed description of each of these steps, or to apply for a mini-grant, please review the guidelines below:
1. Staff will complete the application for an idea to increase parent involvement that they would like to present for approval.
2. After each of the deadlines listed in the details below, a building-level team will determine which grants they would like to fund by using the common scoring guide.
3. The building principal will communicate which grants have been approved and allow the applicant to begin planning.
4. The awardee will facilitate the event and complete the Family Involvement Feedback Form.
5. Once this has been submitted, the awardee will receive compensation as outlined in the application and approved by the committee.
Thank you to the members of the committee for giving their time and input:
Laurie Manicky, Educator, ECC
Mina Hartwell, Admin Asst, ECC
Melissa Cope, 4th grade, AES
Katie Lamar, 1st grade, AES
Alicia Gacey, SPED, AES
Sarah Ott, Kindergarten, AES
Marla Sproat, Kindergarten, VES
Kristie Lewis, Counselor, VES
Sheila Smith, 3rd grade, VES
Bobbie Eades, SPED, VES
Angie Turner, Counselor, DJH
Stephanie Roop, Para, DJH
Katie Duggins, SPED, DJH
Fawn Ponzar, ELA, DHS
Jennifer Kidwell, ForLang, DHS
Heather Woelich, Para, DHS
Suzanne Tinsley, SPED, DHS
For more information about this new program or to apply for a mini-grant, click on the links below:
Family Involvement Mini-Grant Scoring Rubric
Family Involvement Event Feedback Form
Initial District Communication
Board Proposal and Background Information